UK Trip Haul

Oooo-kay!
So I've found that the major thing (apart from sheer laziness) keeping me from starting the blog up again properly is that so much has happened I just don't know where to start. It's overwhelming. So instead of one mammoth post to tell you absolutely everything that's happened in the last couple of months, I'm going to pepper it in over time. That way I'm not boring everyone nattering on and on about my holiday when I should be talking about nails, too!

So, suffice to say - it was bloody awesome! Kaz and I had a ball. My eyes will never recover from the sheer amount of jaw-droppingly gorgeous views, art and architecture.
Coming from Australia, where the oldest buildings you'll find are a little over 200 years old, (checked - oldest is 211 yrs) it was just phenomenal.

I would have liked to do some updates on the blog while I was away, but I wasn't able to use my laptop the entire time. Not one hotel I stayed at had free or even affordable internet (£25 for 24hrs access - screw you!), so I ended up pecking at my iphone for hours just to send emails! Got old real quick, I can tell you.
Hopefully you guys got enough from my Twitter feed to get the idea I was alive and having fun :)

So how much polish did I score?
Not much! Not only was I constrained by budget, it was rather disappointing to discover that much of what was over there we had over here anyway.
I can't wear Illamasqua or Nails inc. stuff cos of my allergy, so there really wasn't a lot of choice once I'd filtered out colours that were similar to what I already had at home, and what I couldn't afford.

I got a few of those layered polishes (3 colours in one bottle) at Claire's which quickly hit the bin when I realised they looked terrible, and a very disappointing Mavala metallic beetle-green which peeled almost as soon as both Kaz and I tried it. That ate bin as well. Ruthless, I know - but I had luggage weight to consider.

Indeed, the only polishes I came home with were one Claire's glitter which looks like a dupe of Zoya's Roxy (couldn't resist) and the revelation of the trip - two Andrea Fulerton "Trio" bottles, and a bottle of her Gemstone Overcoat.

I haven't tried the Claire's glitter, but I wore the Andrea Fulerton ones to death while I was there and they wear like iron.

The "Rain" Trio (so called because you can wear both polishes separately or layer them for a third shade)-

- has a flakey that is very similar to Nfu'oh's # 52, which led to much girly squees!

So of course I had to go back and get the Gemstone overcoat (£4.99), which is basically flakes in a bottle - turning anything you layer under it into a work of art. It's very thick with flakes and the best overcoat of it's kind I've tried. LOOOOOOVE!



I liked "Rain" so much I also got the "Princess" trio (£7.99) even though I had similar colours at home.

The "glass fleck" polish really has staying power and although I wasn't overly impressed with the third shade the two polishes combined made, I discovered I could do a sort of "ombre" effect easily which looked quite spiffy


Sorry bout the rough cuticles, but I was on holidays, dammit! You get the idea...

The Andrea Fulerton polishes (and there's a big range!) were all bought from Superdrug, so if you're in the UK and haven't tried them, I suggest you check 'em out - well worth it.

So there you go. My massively small haul, but I'm happy with what I got.
Back later with some more pics n' polish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...